Dr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Software at Sungkyunkwan University since September in 2012. He got a Ph.D. degree from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities in December 2009. His advisors were Professor David H.C. Du and Professor Tian He. He was a member of the Minnesota Embedded Sensor System (MESS) laboratory. He got an MS degree from School of Computer Science and Engineering at Seoul National University in 2001. His advisor was Professor Yanghee Choi. He was a member of the Multimedia and Mobile Communications Laboratory (MMLab). He got a BS degree from Department of Information Engineering at Sungkyunkwan University in 1999.
Dr. Jeong worked for Brocade Communications Systems as a software engineer from January in 2010 to July in 2012. Before his Ph.D. study, he worked for Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI) as a member of research staff from February in 2001 to August in 2004. During these industry careers, he participated in the Internet Standardization for IPv6 Host DNS Configuration in the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), publishing three RFCs (i.e., RFC 4339, RFC 5006, and RFC 6106) as the first author.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
My research interests include Cyber-Physical Systems, Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks, Wireless Sensor Networks, Cloud Computing/Storage, and Self-Configuration.
Awards and Grants
- Spotlight Paper in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, October 2012, "Trajectory-Based Statistical Forwarding for Multihop Infrastructure-to-Vehicle Data Delivery".
- Spotlight Paper in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, May 2011, "Trajectory-Based Data Forwarding for Light-Traffic Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks".
- Travel Grant for Illinois Wireless Summer School: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, August, 2009.
- NSF Travel Grant for INFOCOM'07: Anchorage, Alaska, May 2007.
- Computer Enginnering Scholarship: Seoul National University, 1999.
- Information Enginnering Scholarship: Sungkyunkwan University, from 1997 to 1998.
Department of Software
300 Cheoncheon-Dong, Jangan-Gu,
Suwon, Gyeonggi-Do 440-746, Republic of Korea
Email: pauljeong [at] skku [dot] edu
Personal Homepage: www.cs.umn.edu/~jjeong
Office Phone: +82-31-299-4957
CPS Lab Phone: +82-31-299-4106